Monday, May 30, 2011

new

Counting today- three more days of school for Josiah.  Three more days of 5th grade- three more days of Elementary school.  One of the aides this morning asked him how he felt about it- happy or sad?  "Happy- but a little sad."  All new teachers, new place, new classmates... I think I'm more nervous than he is about the changes.  Of course, I also remember middle school as horrible with bullying and teasing.... he's oblivious to much of it, but sometimes he sees things far more acutely than I could imagine.


So starting Wednesday I have to come up with things to keep both kids occupied.  Thankfully Josiah's not averse to things for younger kids, so I may be able to find some middle ground for them.  And at the end of June the boys are going to Colorado- they're so excited.  (and I'm really jealous, but there's no way we're driving that long with Gracie in the car now.)

And this afternoon, Josiah gets to see what playing the tuba will really be like... I so hope he doesn't change his mind.  (I had to wheedle a bit to get him in there..)

No comments: