Friday, May 24, 2013

Can do

The past two weeks:

Two weekends in a row with folks in town.
Spending a weekend with my Mom- it is a rare thing anymore.
Being a 'single parent' for a weekend with Matt in Baltimore.
Switching Grace from the crib to the bed.  (because the crib broke!) 
Reorganizing the house.
Cleaning out stuff.
Catching up on housework.
Reaffirming that one does not say 'no' to Mama.
Trying to calm an already loopy monkey for the last weeks of school.
Taking care of moon-crazed two and three year olds.
Dealing with electrical issues.
Figuring out how to get -some- stuff off Josiah's bedroom floor.
Teaching Grace how to do puzzles.
One crochet project, one sewing project.
Groceries, errands, trying not to spend too much at the outlet mall.
Interrupted sleep.
Pain.
Rest.
Ministering.
Mourning.
Praying.
Waiting.
Weeping.
Laughter.


I was about to loose it today.  By noon, I had gotten almost all the cleaning done, but still had several things I wanted to have complete.  Grace was being argumentative, demanding, and wouldn't nap.  The power had gone out (blown circuit breaker) FIVE times.   And our first guests were less than an hour away. 

But I made it.  I did it.  And several of those tasks were things that really should have been done with help.  But I did it.

I can do this.  I just have to keep moving, keep going. 



No comments: