Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Stories

I've been reading lots of old stories lately. Ones that I wrote, or friends did, or were joint ventures. Remembering times when I was so much more... Creative. When I had the time and focus to be able to just...create. 
But now, besides the lack of time, other things stand in my way. Exhaustion, fear, self-doubt, lack of audience. 
But I have an audience, and some days I just get too frustrated to notice. A couple months ago, Grace had me making up stories about a jack in the box named Pop. For several days, "tell me another story!"  It was hard. I know I put it off a few times. I did record myself telling a few- I really need to go back and transcribe them. 
It was painful almost. I did it, and the stories weren't too bad. I just... was tired, afraid. 
Monday night I was reading old things and came across one that resonated with me even now. Dragons come in many forms- self-doubt, fear, responsibility... Who am I trying to prove myself to?
I'll make that story my next post.   

No comments: